Q&A Hotel Out & About: What to Do in NYC During January 2016
January Out & About
Welcome to your monthly “Out & About”. Stemmed from Furnished Quarters’ Out & About e-franchise, the Q&A Out & About reports on local events and happenings in the New York City area on a monthly basis. Whether you’re traveling for work or leisure, get the scoop on what to do on the first Tuesday each month. You’re in one of the greatest cities in the world – so here’s how to make the most out of your stay at Q&A.
- Gallery Tour: The Studio Museum in Harlem (January 10, 1PM – 2PM; 144 W. 125th)
- Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. Day uptown at The Studio Museum in Harlem. The exhibition “Black” showcases the various ways that contemporary artists of African decent have considered the possibilities of “black” through their work.
- Pia Camil: A Pot For A Latch (January 13 – April 17; New Museum, 235 Bowery)
- Spend a chilly day inside the New Museum viewing a new exhibit. Mexican art star Pia Camil will be filling the lobby of the New Museum with a sculptural installation.
- Winter Jazzfest 2016 (January 13 – 17, multiple venues)
- Celebrate the season with Winter Jazzfest. This annual festival will feature over 120 different groups including more than 600 musicians over five days on 12 stages in and around Greenwich Village.
- BAM Celebrates Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (January 19, 30 Lafayette Ave., Brooklyn)
- Cross over the river into Brooklyn to pay tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at BAM’s 29th year of hosting a program dedicated to the civil rights leader. Professor and activist Dr. Cornel West will give a keynote speech, followed by a performance by soul singer Sandra St Victor.
Where do I discover other area happenings?
The Q&A Residential Hotel, located at the iconic 70 Pine in Manhattan’s Financial District, is designed to serve the needs of today’s business and leisure travelers. Furnished Quarters, the company behind Q&A Hotel, features pertinent area events and attractions on their