Top 5 Tips for Holiday Travel
Don’t lose your holiday cheer when traveling this season. Everyone knows holiday travel is stressful. Instead of getting anxious about an upcoming flight or worrying about what to pack for your time off, here are 5 tips that will make travel this season easier than ever.
- Prep! Check all of your travel lists–what time your flight leaves, from what airport, where your terminal is and so forth. Waiting until the last minute to check these things wastes time and is a disaster waiting to happen! A packing list is also helpful. Start one and keep it for all of your future trips. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Streamline Your Packing. If it’s possible, avoid checking a bag. Not only does it get you in and out of the airport quicker, but there’s also no possibility of losing luggage when you’re flying.
- Packing Presents. If you’re flying this season and bringing presents onboard with you, wait to wrap presents until after you arrive at your destination. TSA may need to check inside a wrapped present, so bring flat sheets of wrapping paper for a luggage-friendly solution.
- Bring Essentials. Prepare for the worst when traveling. Charge your phone before heading to the airport and bring backup power in case of any delays. Bringing snacks is also smart. This way you won’t have to pay for overpriced airline food.
- Video Streaming. Start your holiday TV binge watching early. Amazon Prime Video allows you to download free streaming shows to your smartphone or tablet for offline viewing, which really helps pass the time when you have a long flight.
Staying in NYC for the Holidays?
Avoid the travel stress. We rounded up some of the best ways to spend your time during the holidays in NYC.