December Out & About
Welcome to your monthly “Out & About.” Stemmed from Furnished Quarters’ Out & About e-franchise, the Q&A Out & About reports on local events and happenings in the New York City area on a monthly basis. Whether you’re traveling for work or leisure, get the scoop on what to do each month. You’re in one of the greatest cities in the world – so here’s how to make the most out your stay at Q&A.
- Jeff Koons: Gazing Ball Paintings (Now – December 23; Gagosian Gallery, 522 W. 21st)
- Take in art at a new show by contemporary art icon, Jeff Koons. If this show is anything like Koons’ other exhibitions, Gazing Ball Paintings is definitely a must-see.
- The Museum of Feelings (Now – December 15; Brookfield Place, 230 Vesey St.)
- Channel your inner muse and get in touch with your emotions at this interactive exhibit called The Museum of Feelings. The free exhibit showcases the connection between scent and emotions within the different rooms.
- Nitehawk Holidays 2015 (Various dates & times, Now – New Years 2016; 136 Metropolitan Ave., Brooklyn)
- Head to Brooklyn where Nitehawk will be screening the best holiday series for you to feel festive with your favorite holiday films such as Elf, Christmas Vacation, and Home Alone to name a few.
- Second Annual Holiday Pop-Up Bookstore (December 8 – 19; 535 West 20th)
- Visit the David Zwirner Books pop-up for some last-minute gifts to get for friends and family. Also enjoy exclusive offers on recent publications, posters, zines, and more.
- Milk Bar Cake Class (December 12 & 19, 3 – 5pm; 382 Metropolitan Ave., Brooklyn)
- Bake through Momofuku Milk Bar’s cookbook with Milk Bar’s baking team. Learn how to make Milk Bar’s holiday cake, cranberry-gingerbread cake, and take home everything you make.
- NYCB: The Nutcracker (Now – Jan. 3, 2016; Lincoln Center, 70 W. 63rd)
- Enjoy a holiday classic at the New York City Ballet. The ballet will be performing The Nutcracker through January 3.
Where do I discover other area happenings?
The Q&A Residential Hotel, located at the iconic 70 Pine in Manhattan’s Financial District, is designed to serve the needs of today’s business and leisure travelers. Furnished Quarters, the company behind Q&A Hotel, features pertinent area events and attractions on their official blog, At Home. Check it out!