October Out & About
October Out & About
Welcome to your monthly “Out & About.” Stemmed from Furnished Quarters’ Out & About e-franchise, the Q&A Out & About reports on local events and happenings in the New York City area on a monthly basis. Whether you’re traveling for work or leisure, get the scoop on what to do right here on the first Tuesday of each month. You’re in one of the greatest cities in the world – so here’s how to make the most out your stay at Q&A.
- (Sunday, October 11 to March 7, 2016; MoMA PS1, 22-25 Jackson Avenue, Queens)
- Plug into New York City’s wealth of emerging talent at this MoMA PS1 exhibit. As the fourth iteration of this exhibition series, Greater New York showcases the work of emerging artists living and working in the New York area.
Columbus Day Parade
- (Monday, October 12; Fifth Ave. from 47th to 72nd )
- Are you one of the lucky ones that has Columbus Day off from work? If so, snag a spot at the Columbus Day Parade filled with floats, musical performances, and stage acts.
Stacked: Sandwiches And Sides
- (Saturday, October 17; Hudson Hotel, 356 W. 58th between Eighth and Ninth Avenues)
- Spend your Saturday at this walk-around tasting hosted by actress, foodie, and lifestyle guru Tiffani Thiessen. Hosted at the Hudson Hotel, enjoy amazing architecture, cocktails, music, and food. What more do you need on a fall Saturday?
Simon Hantai Blancs
- (Thursday, October 22 – December 5; Paul Kasmin Gallery)
- Known for his large, abstract canvasses of profound, saturated color, Simon Hantai’s exhibition at Paul Kasmin Gallery will definitely bring some color back into your life during those grey autumn days.
Zombie Masquerade Ball
- (Saturday, October 24; The Cow NYC, 21-A Clinton St.)
- Join this annual worldwide dance of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Dance to Michael Jackson (or simply be entertained by artists), donate to charity, and be part of this worldwide attempt to set a new world record. Only in NYC…
Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade
- (Saturday October 24; 500 East 9th; Tompkins Square Park)
- Having separation anxiety from your pup? Get in on the largest dog costume parade in the world. With thousands of dollars in prizes on the line, these pooches will not upset. A parade of all contestants and spectators will follow after Best In Show is announced.
Where do I discover other area happenings?
The Q&A Residential Hotel, located at the iconic 70 Pine in Manhattan’s Financial District, is designed to serve the needs of today’s business and leisure travelers. Furnished Quarters, the company behind Q&A Hotel, features pertinent area events and attractions on their official blog, At Home. Take a look!